We appreciate you stopping by. Over the past year we have surveyed a bunch of teachers and parent-volunteers to see what they were having success with, and what was giving them a bit of trouble.
Here’s what we learned.
- Fundraising without sugar! Awesome. Things like walkathons, jogathons, spellathons (one school raised over ten grand with a spellathon – crazy good!)
- Recruiting and organizning parent-volunteers for specific events – using a website called Volunteer Spot. I have actually signed up for science day using this tool. It is so simple, and so effective. You have to check it out.
- Fundraising – funny, huh? Some schools are able to rock it, and some struggle with it. It’s not that they don’t have committed volunteers, they just need some info on where to start, and how to get it done.
- Common Core – yep, I’m with you. A written response for why 2 + 2 = 4 can send a bunch of us parents in to a panic. The kids are getting it, but we’re all freaking out, because we don’t get it.
- Over-scheduled kids – you know who you are. We’ve got them signed up for a bunch of different activities, and they’re getting burnt out.
We’ll address these different topics in various engaging ways:
- A Community Forum
- Weekly Blog Posts
- Robust Event Templates
- Links to Resources (you can usually try these for free!)
If this stuff is hitting home for you, dig a little deeper in to the site. Check out the links below.
And again, thanks for checking out ASBink. We hope you will be a regular contributor to our community.